The " Why do you ask my marks , society ? " dilemma

First of all let me tell you something, whatever I am specifying here is/was/will be experienced by thousands of others of my same age.

Recently I had completed my schooling and is seeking admission for graduation .
Past two years , was really hectic and busy for me , for many others .That's the workload , Indian students have. Whatever it is ,I don't have any complaint , why should I ? It's the system right ?
I've done enough with it.

So, what I gotta say here is about a society that is interested in our marks more than us.
It's about peoples weird attitude of distinguishing children by marks or digits that determine their value and dignity in this contemporary Indian society . Some digits in a piece of paper do not form the estimate of a student's capability. In India , the neighbours and relatives are more curious about our exam results than us. I was subjected to this for the past 3 months : boards , entrance examinations etc. When many particular entrance examination results were about to be published ,I was in such a condition to plug of my landphone cables and switch of mobile phones, because all the relatives and family friends kept calling.

If somehow ,they came to know if I have less marks :
1. Some leave the matter and say it's ok.
(it's OK)
2. Some start questioning "what happened ? How ? Why ? ......blah clash....
(I hate it. )
3. Some say/guess how it happened : you were spending too much  time for fun , on the internet , cricket.etc.
( Did they write the exam ? I am the one who did . )
4. There is another category .They even criticise for not scoring and starts comparing us to others.
(I hate it ,I hate them most )

Recently , my board exam results were published and it was totally unbelievable and unexpected for me and many others. Thousands of students in my region got unexpected marks. My entire family was shocked. I have just given for verification and I got a 5 digit case number generated .
A very close relative of me came and started criticising the issue. It was the worst time of my life and I was in a point of dilemma on what to do . This guy made a horrifying talk , compared me to some others  and left . I was in a horrible out of sense mood then. If ,I was perfectly alright standing there , for sure he would have heard back enough.  Things became normal in some days . I applied for verification.

I won't forget many others who supported me when I fell : firstly my parents , some relatives, some particular teachers ,friends (they deserve the great salute )
But , that relative and his evil deed then ,: I can't forget that ever in my life . I don't have any anger against him , I just don't have any feelings for him. Now ,I am relaxed because that bang is almost over , but I  haven't seen him since then , not because I hate him or so ,I just don't care for him .
People , we need good marks . Marks on certificate may or may not depict his theoretical knowledge. There's a hospital in my town , the physician their took almost ten years to acquire his MBBS degree , but frankly speaking , the patients leave him with utter satisfaction than any other doctors of that age. ( I was not telling to take ten years for the degree , but his success as a doctor ) .
People ,there are ups and downs in children's academics . It's their matter , leave it to them and their parents .They will decide themselves.

Don't brag in asking what happened , the boy next door scored that much , why don't you ? it's psychopathic , very cruel. I've experienced that . I know how it feels to be. I don't have a time ahead during which the people ask about entrance exams etc. I am reflexes with a free mind , I am not flummoxed to make a point on what happened kinda things .

Most of the things that you learn in the Indian 10+2 system is useless and your rating in that is never questionable . It's not any kind of past sin that will hunt you for the rest of your life.
all the contents in this blog , may it be posts or pictures , it's obviously the author's informal view.
Your blogger ,
Jish...

6 comments:

  1. Orotttakkaaryam matram .
    Aara aa veetilvannu vartamanam paranja pulli ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes ,I feel to smash their nose when they ask so.

    - Rizwan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's OK da.
    No problem ,these plus two marks are just used for degree admission only ,you are not valued according to that. People will say some hatable things. We all know you.
    Best Wishes for your future.

    - Varun

    ReplyDelete